Black Lane Auto Parts – Terms and Conditions of Warranty Coverage
Black Lane Auto hereby warrants to the purchaser that all parts are serviceable and functional. If a part is found to be defective, within 30 days of purchase, Black Lane Auto shall at its discretion provide either a replacement or a no-hassle refund. Exchange only on electrical parts, no refunds.
Parts not defective, which are returned for whatever reason, are subject to a 20% restocking charge. All returned parts must be accompanied with a sales receipt.
- No reimbursement will be given for delay, labor, mileage, or any other costs in installing or reinstalling a part.
- A reasonable cash deposit is required for orders where parts must be removed or ordered from other sources. These special-order deposits are not refundable. Cash deposits good for only 60 days.
- Exchange parts must be turned in at the time of purchase, or a core charge will be made. The core charge will be refunded if the exchange parts are brought in within 30 days. The refund of the core charge will not include sales tax.
- The warranty shall be voided if the part or parts are not returned to us in the same condition in which they are sold, or do not bear the identifying mark which appears on all Black Lane Auto parts. All returned parts must be accompanied by a sales receipt. We shall not be responsible for any parts which have been altered, modified, disassembled or damaged by misuse or accident subsequent to purchase. All parts are guaranteed for stock installation only.
- Engines and cylinder heads have heat tabs installed on them. If the center of the heat tab is melted out or the heat tab is removed the warranty is void.
- We are not responsible for any labor costs, fluids, freon, coolant or the installation or removal of parts sold.
- Body parts & glass are sold as-is – guaranteed to fit.
- A reasonable cash deposit is required when parts must be “special ordered” from other sources or when special dismantling is required. Deposits required to special order or special dismantle, or hold parts for buyer’s convenience are not refundable and are forfeited if the balance due is not paid in full within 60 days of the date of the sales contract.
- We guarantee used motors not to have cracked blocks, heads, bad crankshafts, scored cylinder walls, broken pistons or rings. Rod, main bearings and connecting rods are guaranteed good. Engine accessories are not guaranteed. We recommend new oil seals and gaskets to be installed before installation whenever appropriate in engines, transmissions, and differentials.
- Transmissions, transaxles, and differentials are guaranteed to be recommended tolerances for backlash. All gears, shafts, bearings, and cases are in good operating condition. Broken gears and shafts void the guarantee.
- We reserve the right to replace any defective parts.
Extended Warranties Are Available – Usually Up To 1 Year
The seller, Black Lane Auto Parts, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and Black Lane Auto Parts neither assumes nor authorizes any other person to assume for it any liability in connection with the sales of these parts. We are not responsible for any loss caused by installation, removal, repair, replacement, or use of this merchandise.
Our Returns and Refunds Policy
If you are unhappy with your purchase, read below to learn about the guidelines of our refund or replacement part policy. Make sure to inspect all packages and freight thoroughly once they arrive and contact us immediately if there is any damage.
- Contact us at (618) 398-5477 or toll-free (800) 533-5477. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm (central time zone), and explain to us what happened. There must be proof of damage or defect in order to receive a refund or return, and the part must be still under warranty.
- Upon Approval:
- Local purchases can bring in the part to our office for a refund, replacement, or exchange
- Online purchases will receive a confirmation number. We do not accept return packages without a confirmation number. Make sure your confirmation number is clearly visible on the return package. Also, a copy of the original invoice must be included.
- Ship all returned items to:
- Black Lane Auto Parts
- Returns Department – Conf # ______
- 1880 Black Lane
- Caseyville, IL 62232
- We ship out your replacement part once we receive the original item back. On a case by case basis, we may ship your replacement part immediately and send a call tag for the original item.
- It must be during the warranty period.
- We deduct the original shipping charges from your refund total unless the returned item was damaged or sold incorrectly.
- We process all refunds after we receive the item and inspect it.
- The refund process takes between 3 and 5 days. Black Lane Auto Parts reserves the right to deny any parts returned that were damaged due to customer modification or incorrectly installed. If it is determined that the customer is responsible for the damage, a refund, replacement, or exchange part may be denied.
- No refunds are available after the warranty period and cores are not refundable after 30 days from the purchase date.
Our Shipping Policy
Unless it is otherwise stated, most orders get shipped within a 24- to 48-hour period after your order has been confirmed. The shipping process varies based upon the size of your order and the location of delivery. Small- or medium-sized orders typically get delivered within 2 – 7 business days from the date of shipment.
Orders that include engines, transmissions or other large, oversized parts require special handling instructions and get shipped via freight truck. This shipping process can take anywhere from 2 – 9 business days. Any oversized item must be shipped to a commercial address.
Special order delivery times depend on the size, too. For example, small items tend to take between 3 and 9 business days while large items range from 4 to 12 business days.
Once you receive your order, it is important to inspect your package thoroughly for anything missing, damaged, or incorrect parts. Our warehouses are committed to undergoing every effort in order to prevent shipping damage. However, damages can happen due to reasons beyond our control like bad weather or unsafe handling during the transportation process. If the part is damaged, do not accept the package. Instead, have the shipper immediately return it to the sender. Contact us immediately in order to prevent being charged freight costs both ways. We are not responsible for missing, damaged, or incorrect parts after 30 business days, regardless of who is at fault. Additionally, we aren’t responsible for any lost or stolen packages and any claims must go through the shipping company.
Lost or Stolen Orders
We are not directly responsible for lost or stolen packages, but we will be happy to assist you in filing a claim with the shipping service. You must contact us immediately if the entire shipment was not received within two full business days. All requests must be made within twenty-one days from the date of shipment for any possibility of a claim.